Here is how new tutorial on How to Choose a Facebook Legacy Contact | Choose Your Facebook Legacy Contact – #Facebook. Carefully go through it and all of your questions on How to Choose a Facebook Legacy Contact | Choose Your Facebook Legacy Contact – #Facebook will surely be answered.
In this article, we’ll see how to choose a legacy contact, how to memorize a Facebook account.
What happen to your Facebook account if you pass away?
Memorialized accounts are a place for friends and family to gather and share memories after a person has passed away. Memorialized accounts have the following key features:
- The word Remembering will be shown next to the person’s name on their profile
- Depending on the privacy settings of the account, friends can share memories on the memorialized Timeline.
- Memorialized accounts that don’t have a legacy contact can’t be changed
- Content the person shared (example: photos, posts) stays on Facebook and is visible to the audience it was shared with.
- No one can log into a memorialized account
- Memorialized profiles don’t appear in public spaces such as in suggestions for People You May Know, ads or birthday reminders
- Pages with a sole admin whose account was memorialized will be removed from Facebook if we receive a valid request
Deleting Your Account
You can choose to have your account permanently deleted should you pass away. To do this:
- From the top right of Facebook, click and select Settings
- From the left menu, click Security
- Click Legacy Contact
- Click Request account deletion and follow the on-screen instructions
For Friends and Family
If you’d like to create an additional place for people on Facebook to share memories of your loved one, we suggest creating a group.
Learn how to request the memorialization of an account or how to request the removal of a deceased person’s account from Facebook.
How to add, change or remove legacy contact on Facebook?
To add a legacy contact:
- Click in the top right of Facebook and select Settings
- Click Manage Account
- Type in a friend’s name and click Add
- To let your friend know they’re now your legacy contact, click Send
To change or remove a legacy contact, follow steps 1–2 above, then click Remove. From there, you can add a new legacy contact if you’d like.
If your account is memorialized, your legacy contact will be notified.
Can I choose someone who isn’t a Facebook friend as a legacy contact?
At this time, you can only add a Facebook friend as your legacy contact. You can’t add friends who ain’t on your list.
Thanks for dropping by. Do come back later. Will you?