Have you ever pondered who your followers on Facebook may be? Whether you’re sharing selfies, memes or whatever have you, you’ll agree with me that it is always nice to know who’s following them up as you share them. Ponder no more. Stay with me as I unveil to you how you can view your list of followers on Facebook.
Why would you want to know who’s following you on Facebook anyway?
Do you think wanting to find out who follows you on Facebook is vane? Alright, maybe it is…a little bit. However knowing who’s following you can helpful. This knowledge helps you decide what content you want to share, what kind of people you want to reach most and, in some cases, which people you really need to block from seeing anything at all. This last one sounds awful, but trust me, at times it has to be done.
For people to follow you, you must’ve enabled following. Here is how to enable following in the first place.
How to enable following
This procedure must be carried out on a computer.
- Sign in to your Facebook account by visiting the Facebook website and entering your login details
- Click the downward facing arrow on the top right corner
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu options
- Click the Public Posts tab on the left side of the Settings page
- Click the Who Can Follow Me drop down box on the upper right side of the page
- Click Public from the options
Now you’ve enabled users to follow you.
See who’s following you on Facebook
To gain access to your followers’ list, you need to be following at least one person.
- Click your Username tab on the top of your screen, a little to the right. This will take you to your Timeline. A list of options are available to the right of your profile picture
- Select Friends
- Click Following. It should be in the bar of options below the “Friends” heading near the middle of the page. Doing so will pull up a list of people you’re following, as well as prompt different options to appear in the bar.
- You may first have to select More in the bar of options below the “Friends” heading (not the More that’s just below your cover photo) to see the Following option.
- If you see a Followers option here, click it to review your followers.
- Click Allow Everybody to Follow Me. That’s if this option is available. If possible, this blue button will appear below a “Want Followers of Your Own?” heading near the top of the Following page.
- You may have to click OK after doing this.
- Skip this step if you don’t have the Allow Everybody to Follow Me option.
- Click Refresh (⟳) of press F5. This should prompt the Followers option to appear in the bar of options below the “Friends” heading.
- Click Followers. If this doesn’t appear in the bar of options below the “Friends” heading you may have to select More again and click Followers in the drop-down menu.
- Review your list of followers. A list of accounts that are following your public posts should be displayed here.