Have you seen your friends link their Instagram account to their Facebook account? Ever wondered how they got to do that? First, I’ll have you know that it’s possible to link your Instagram account to your Facebook account. Keep reading to find out how you can link your Facebook account to your Instagram account.
Instagram and Facebook are more or less two peas in the same pod. Both social media platforms possess a connection which is non existent between other social media platforms. Twitter however allows Instagram posts to be published as web links. Facebook unlike Twitter, allows images to be shared straight from an application which enables photo-sharing to your timeline and the News Feed. This shouldn’t come as a surprise, I mean both Facebook and Instagram share the same owner.
Linking Instagram to Facebook
As was earlier stated, linking Instagram to Facebook grants you the ability to share photos from your Instagram account to your Facebook account.
Truth be told, we all enjoy it when we get lots of likes on Instagram and pretty much every other social media platform. The combination of the two social media platforms creates a synergy towards this end. Interest of friends or even a wider audience is piqued to the original source of every image or video you share from one platform to the other. Apart from gaining more exposure, cross-posting could allow your Facebook contacts that aren’t on Instagram to keep up with your activity.
Also, because of the smooth integration between the two, Instagram post details-including captions, will be shared to Facebook, together with any location data, hashtags and emojis you’ve added. Uploads will be saved to Facebook in a folder titled “Instagram photos”. This allows you to easily tag your friends on the social network.
How to link your Instagram to your Facebook account
The procedure which enables you to link Instagram to Facebook on iOS and android devices would be exactly the same except for one small difference. For this reason, the steps for both Operating Systems will not be stated separately. However, the trivial difference will be highlighted.
Steps on how to link your Instagram to your Facebook account
- Login to your Instagram account
- Tap the profile icon. This should take you to the profile tab. The profile icon is person-shaped and is at the bottom right corner of the Instagram page.
- Tap the gear-looking icon on the top right corner (this icon appears only for iPhone users).
Android users will observe three vertically oriented dots instead in the top right corner. This serves the same purpose as the gear icon on iPhones. This action should take you to a page with several subheadings.
- Click Linked Accounts under the “Settings” subheading.
A list of social media platforms with an integration ability with Instagram is displayed.
- Click Facebook. This will take you to a Facebook login page, still on Instagram.
- Enter your Facebook login details.
This will log you into your Facebook account from within Instagram. Note that you’ll be given an option to open Facebook via the Facebook application also. Once you’re logged in, you’ll be asked to choose who will be able to view your photos. The following options are available; Public, Friends, Friends except acquaintance, Only Me and Acquaintance.
- Choose the option which best suits your needs and click the “OK” button.
This will take you back to the page which contains a list of social media platforms you’re allowed to link with Instagram. You’ll notice the Facebook icon has turned blue, indicating you’re now sharing your posts on Facebook. By default, your Instagram posts will be shared on your Facebook timeline.
After completing these steps, you’ll be able to share your Instagram posts to Facebook. However after creating the link, it is possible to share old posts.
Sharing old Instagram posts to Facebook
- Choose an image from your profile tab
- Click the ellipses on the top right corner
A pop up menu appears with several options.
- Click Share
- Select Facebook
- Click there Share button which appears at the top right corner
The post will be shared to your Facebook account.
Severing the link between Instagram and Facebook
The link between the two platforms can be cut off at anytime. If you decide to do so, follow the steps below.
- Open your Facebook application
- Click the horizontal lines on the bottom right corner
A list of options will come up.
- Scroll down and select Account settings
- scroll down through the list of options and select Apps
- Click Logged in with Facebook on the next page which appears on executing the previous step
A list of social media platforms linked with your Facebook account is displayed.
- Select Instagram
- Scroll down through the list of options and click the Remove App button at the bottom
You’ll then be asked again if you wish to remove the app or cancel the process.
- To confirm your decision, click the Remove button.