Facebook notifications make you aware of activities on Facebook. This is a rather good feature, but let’s face it, there are times you get a whole lot of notifications and you end up being annoyed. Gotten tired of Facebook notifications yet? Want to turn them off for good? Read on to find out how to turn off notifications on Facebook.
I wouldn’t be wrong if I dared to say that Facebook loves notifications. It is basically the heart of the platform, informing you about messages, the activities of your friends, applications, pages, and groups you subscribe to, or to read a new thread, confirm friend requests, or updates. Despite playing an important role, notifications have found a way to turn into one of the major complaints of Facebook users.
Fortunately, these notifications can be turned of. Below are ways to turn notifications off on your iOS and android device. Your desktop is not left out.
Turning off notifications on iOS
Notifications can be disabled from within the iOS “Notification Center” in your iPhone’s main settings menu. Follow the steps below.
- Go to “Settings” on your iOS device
- Scroll down to find “Notification Center” and click on it
- Scroll down to find “Facebook” and click on it
- From here, you can personalize your Facebook notifications
Turning off notifications on Android
Notifications can be disable from within “Apps” in your android device’s main settings menu. Follow the steps below.
- Go to “Settings” on your android device
- Scroll down to find “Apps” and click on it. Some android devices will take you straight to the applications installed on your device while some will open a new window the “Manage applications” and “Default install location” sub menus. If the later is the case on your device, select “Manage applications“
- Scroll down to find Facebook and click on it. This takes you to “App info” page of Facebook.
- Go to where you have “Show notifications“. You’ll notice a box beside it which is already checked. Click that box to to get it unchecked. A prompt pops up with the following message; “If you turn off notifications for this app, you may miss important alerts and updates”
- Click “OK“
Turning off notifications on Desktop
To disable notifications on your desktop, you have to login to Facebook first. Then follow the steps below.
- Click the downward facing arrow on the blue notification bar. A scroll down menu with several options pops up
- Click “Settings”. You should see a list of options on the extreme left hand side of the page
- Click “Notifications“
- A bunch of options on how to personalize your notifications comes up. Personalize away.