Wondering how to go about resetting your Facebook password? This writ’s for you then as its aim is to show you how to do just that.
There’s so many social media platforms that it is almost impossible to keep track of the passwords you access them with. Let’s consider Facebook for one. One may be misled to think that writing down his/her password somewhere “safe”, say a jotter solves the problem of having to memorize it. Furthermore, Facebook allows you to save your login details so you won’t have to enter them every time you want to login.
These may seem like the panacea to the problem of forgetting your password, but they aren’t. What if you misplace your jotter, uninstall your Facebook application or worse, lose your phone? Get the drift now? Either ways, have no fear. Facebook makes provision to reset your password in any of the afore mentioned cases.
How do you reset your Facebook password?
Steps on how to reset your Facebook password either on your desktop or mobile device are given below;
- For Desktop
- Open the Facebook website by visiting https://www.facebook.com/. This opens the Facebook login page.
- Click the “Forgotten account” link button. This link button is directly below the Password text box. This will take you to another page where you’ll be requested to enter either your email address or phone number.
- Enter any of the two (email address or phone number) which is associated with your Facebook account.
- Click “Search” afterwards. The search option is below the text box. A number of options as to how you would like to receive the six-digit code which would allow you to reset your password pops up. These options include: “Use my Google account“, “Send code via email” and “Send code via SMS“.
- Choose an option you consider most convenient.
- Click “Send“. It’s at the bottom right corner. At this point, the six-digit code should be sent to you in a moment.Retrieve the code.
- Enter the code correctly into text box which carries the “Enter code” text field.
- Click “Continue“. It’s at the bottom right corner.
- Enter your new password into the text box with the “New password” text field.
- Click “Continue“. This saves the new password you just entered.
This new password is what you’ll be using when logging in to Facebook. You should be able to login now.
- For Mobile device
- Open your Facebook by tapping the Facebook icon.This takes you to the login window.
- Click the “Forgot password?” link button. This button is directly below the “Log In” button. You’ll be prompted to choose a browser (from the browsers you have installed on your device) to “complete action with”.
- Choose a browser. This will take you to a Facebook page on the browser you’ve chosen and you’ll be asked to enter either an email address or a phone number in a text box.
- Enter any of the two (email address or phone number) associated with your Facebook account.
- Click “Search“.
- Tap the radio button. This button is beside “email a link to:” on the new window which you’re taken to once your email account has been found.
- Click . On doing this, the six-digit code should be sent to you in a moment. Once received, retrieve the code.
- Enter the six-digit code correctly into the text box which appears in the window you’ve been taken to.
- Click “Continue“. You’ll be taken to a new window with two text boxes with “New Password” and “Confirm Password” text fields.
- Enter and confirm your new password.
- Click “Continue” to sign in with the new password and start using your Facebook account.