Country Supper + 3 ThingsOctober 23, 2012 - Author: Ashlee - No Comments
How is your Tuesday so far? Christmastime is the busiest time of the year for me (as far as work goes), and it all started yesterday. Needless to say, I’ve got quite a bit of work waitin’ on me today. Better hop to it!
BREAKFAST: Blueberry Waffles + PB – 260 calories
Would you get bored if I showed you this same breakfast every morning, because I am soooo tempted to keep this one goin’! Yum!
- 2 Kashi blueberry waffles
- 1 T Creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 T Sugar free syrup
LUNCH: Pear, Feta + Tofu Salad with Balsamic Dressing – 252 calories
Sweet pear + salty feta is one delicious combination! This was the perfect Fall lunch, and I cant wait to have it again!
- 2 C Spring mix
- 1/3 Block firm tofu, sliced and roasted with salt, pepper and cinnamon
- 1/2 Pear sliced thin
- 1/2 Serving feta
- Honey balsamic: 1/2 T balsamic, 1/2 T water, 1/2 T apple cider vinegar, 1 t mustard, 1 t honey, cinnamon, s+p
SNACK: Banana + PB – 185 calories
WORK IT OUT
After work, we headed to the gym to complete our respective workouts. Shoulders + back for hubby. 2 miles on the treadmill + 1.5 miles elliptical = 3.5 mile/30 min cardio + this ab workout for me!
*HER* DINNER: Chick’n + Mashed Cauliflower + Zucchini + Deviled egg – 450 calories
Growing up, just about every night dinner was a big to-do. You could almost bet there would always be a fried meat, potato, vegetable and bread+butter. It was always SO good, but I know now it was necessarily good for me. This dinner was a prime example of taking a classic meal and turning it into something healthy!
Healthy country supper!
- Quorn Goat Cheese + Cranberry Cutlet (whole wheat flour, baked not fried, real ingredients, and meatless!)
- Mashed cauliflower (1 head boiled, 1/2 C almond milk, 1 T light margarine, S+P, oregano garlic, all spun around in food processor until smooth- 3 servings)
- 1/2 Zucchini
- Deviled egg (Quickie version: 1/4 T light miracle whip, 1/4 T mustard, S+P mashed with fork)
- Can you guess what the red stuff up top is???
*HIS* DINNER: Steak + Mashed Cauliflower + Zucchini + Deviled Eggs
We had the same meal except he had MEAT and an extra egg.
And you know what? He loved it! He said the cauliflower tasted like “air” and was “as good as potatoes.” He also mentioned that he could eat this meal every night. 1 pt for the wife! (I should note that it is NOT good to consume this much protein at one sitting unless you have recently completed a tough workout, and he had. It’s also a horrible misconception that we need as much protein as people assume, but that’s another story for another day!)
**Sorry for the bad pictures of dinner today! It was dark outside and my lighting was gone by the time we sat down to eat.**
“Where do you get your protein?” tally for the day:
54 g in 1,200 calories on the nose! That takes some plannin’!
After some boring chores + wrapping up the night, I settled in with my good friend Ghiradelli to share my day with you! (52 calories)
3 things happened today that are of absolutely no importance to you, but it’s Monday. Not much happens on Mondays, right?!
1.Hubs put another flat screen in the living room. Not only does he get EVERY single game (split screen) through NFL Ticket, now he can watch EVERY single game on TWO tvs. Awesome right? No. The answer is no for those of you who guessed wrong.
2. The dogs weren’t very happy that after a long, fun weekend we left them home alone for a whole entire day. This made me laugh a LOT…only because I didn’t have to clean it up! I made a new rule that the person who has two tvs to watch has to clean up all dog messes from now on. (Not it!-refer to #1)
3. I had to throw away my Chi iron ( ) AND blow dryer today. I broke both of them in ONE day on Saturday. Remember when I showed you all of my broken cameras back in September? I am SO destructive it is not even funny. Either that or karma is gettin’ me for laughing at hubby for thing #2!?
After I finished up my post + a little snugglin’, we hit the hay!
Monday wore us all out!